Saturday 16 June 2018

Have a heart!





Today I am using this lovely die called


to make a 1st anniversary tag for my son and his wife!
I can't believe it's a year already!



So I started cutting the heart out in cardboard (fairly thick) and cut myself
four layers so I could build the thickness.
The die managed beautifully and I was able to keep the rose pieces in place.


I then cut myself a piece of ribbon and coloured it with my stampin' write pen
to match the paper I was going to use.

I joined two of the hearts using a strong wet glue.

Then I adhered the ribbon using double sided sticky tape.


I then sandwiched the ribbon with the other two cardboard cuts
leaving the ribbon nicely hidden in centre.





I then added glue to the rose parts and sprinkled some gold glitter on top.
I then cut the rose heart again in black card
and adhered this over the top of the glittered cardboard.
Be sure and add glue round the edges well and round the rose parts.



I used the die itself to trace the shape on my designer paper and cut out with scissors.
Then stuck to back of my heart.
I cut another heart in my dsp, using the spotty side this time.
I stamped the details and date.



This was stuck over the top of the black base, giving a
black layered of detail between glitter and top paper.


I was very happy with the finished heart tag which I am giving
to my son and daughter-in-law for their 1st Wedding Anniversary next week.


For my project today I have used

Gold glitter

I would like to enter this into:

Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend.






9 comments:

brenda said...

What a lovely heart creation for your Son and DIL Pinky, sure they will love it.

B x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Wow, this turned out so pretty! The gold glitter really shines and I love how you colored the ribbon to match the design paper. It sounds like it was really fun to make.

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Anything But a Card challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is fab

N-Eva said...

I adore your card design! So very pretty! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Dream Valley challenge.Neva DT

ScrappyHorses said...

So lovely and such a wonderful tag that can be kept as a remembrance of the occasion! Love all the beautiful details! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Pinky..love your step by step and great results.I need to get a wetter glue as I am not good at matching edges and my glue dries too quick..will go write that on my list..

luv CHRISSYxx

Creaine said...

Very nice! Thanks for joining us at A Snowflakes Promise Challenge Blog. Good luck!
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Macarena said...

Cute and lovely. The shape with roses is very pretty and I love the glitter inside. Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Terri Winske said...

What a very unique gift tag and so beautifully created! Great directions, and it turned out so pretty! Thanks very much for joining our Tag It challenge at Tuesday Throwdown challenges this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...