Pages

▼

Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Engagement

Had an engagement card to make but wanted to incorporate it into the Simon Says challenge which is Shabby Chic, took me ages to get my head round this as I tend to go towards vintage which apparently is different lol. So this is what i came up with. Its for 4 challenges;
1. Cupcake Craft challenge - followed their great sketch
2. Simon Says - Shabby Chic (they also have a DT call at the minute)
3. Sketchy Colours - brown and turquoise
4. A Spoonful of Sugar - lots of layers
Papers - DaisyBucket - in the meadow
Image - Precious Moments
Medium - copic markers, stickles
Tools - sewing machine, nestabilities
Embellishments - lace, stitching, flowers (from my simon says prize), brads
This week on Tuesday Taggers I am their Guest Designer. It was a hard one - make something using your christmas leftovers but not a Christmas card! If you get time pop over and have a nosey at what I have written. This is what I made for them
<
I am entering this into Die Cut Dreams challenge - recycle it. The parcel shape was recycled and covered in my own papers to match the background paper.
If you get time you should give this one a go. They are on the lookout for 2 new DT members.
Pinky

29 comments:

  1. Hi Pinky,
    Two gorgeous cards. The Tilda one is so warm an bright - it's lovely. The first one with the brown and turquoise is stunning. What a fantstic image that is and so delicately coloured.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and so cute motif!

    Thank you for joining us at Sketchy Color this week - good luck!
    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Pinky. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GD and winning a C>D have you got it yet, still stopped 3 weeks today, sold all my stamps on ebay and now buying some, seems funny making xmas cards in january, love the turquoise and brown together and beautiful image, what colour did you use for the hair? and tilda is lovely too I see you gave her a smile. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving Tilda with a smile..beautiful work..
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 lovely cards,Pinky....love the image on the engagement card....so cute.Well done on the GDT spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. two stunners Pinky...I love your colouring and the bright colours are like a breath of spring...beautiful
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is simply stunning my dear wonderful,detail super image and gojus papers hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two stunning cards Pinky. I especially love the first one. Where did you get the beautiful Precious Moment image??? would love to know.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards Pinky, i luv the engagment card, beautiful image coloured perfect,fabby papers hun,sue.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both beautiful cards Pinky and I just adore the image on the 1st!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Know what you mean Pinky, I'm never really sure what represents Shabby Chic. Vintage, but not quite ?

    Love the torquise colours on the first card and also the image.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya Pinky wow these are gorgeous cxards great colours I'm busy colouring the Tilda one now..

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two great cards Pinky and hope you enjoyed your GDT spot for Tuesday Taggers.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two gorgeous cards, great colouring and love your colour combo's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Pinky!! You are a star xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful cards Pinky,i love your images and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. mailed you hun hope you got it? sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two fabulous cards but the top one is my absolute favourite.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards Pinky Love them both
    thanks for joining us at the DCD challenge this week
    Hugs Susie xx
    PS I don't know who said we are looking for 2 new DT's you must have us confused with another blog or have you been at the sherry again my love !!! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two gorgeous card but my fave as to be the precious moments they so cute.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Pinky, love the vibrant colours and the cute little smile you have given tilda! Thankyou for playing along at DCD this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining the DCD challenge this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of these cards are just adorable! I love the turquoise and brown color combo and that image is just too darling!
    Great take on my sketch.

    Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week!

    Hugs,
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic take on this weeks sketch challenge and the colours and papers are so scrummy! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card Pinky :-) I love this image and the papers and embellies you used are fab ! :-) I think you can have shabby chic vintage too :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)

    Luv Lols :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your cards are soooo woderful. Really great!!
    Hugs coco

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two stunning creations Pinky. I love the engagement card, that wee couple are adorable and your colouring plus combo are awesome. Tilda looks so happy sat on her recycled box and what a gorgeous fun card this is.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two gorgeous cards. Love the image on the first one and love both colour combos.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete