Pages

Thursday, 10 March 2011

Inspired flower card

Firstly sorry for the terrible angle I had to photograph this card at. The winds are howling here today, really messing with my internet and besides that my mouse has gave up the ghost so I have borrowed one from my hubbys computer which he will need back when he gets home, hence I am posting now.
I saw a beautiful card over on Jak Heath's blog using this image and ribbon and decided to have a go. I went for a a5 card and used a birthday stamp for the top sentiment. It has been coloured with promarkers and I tried to leave white patches for light, another thing I struggle with but you can get great tutorials over at Make it Colourful:)
I would like to enter this into
Less is More - pastel colours
Make it Colourful - colour with shine
Stampin Sisters in Christ - use a stamped flower image
Delicious Doodles - make the card YOU want ( I am loving the less is more concept cards)

34 comments:

  1. Oh Pinky, this is absolutely delightful. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pinky, love the CAS style and lively flower! JO xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pink
    this is fabulous, gorgeous flower, you have bought it to life with your perfect colouring
    Thanks for entering agin
    mandi
    "LEss is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautifully simple card,Pinky....love all the white space.I struggle with that as well...and find it very hard to stop 'adding' bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww wow gorgeous girly colour & the flower is stunning love it... Ive just replaced my key board & mouse..I borrowed a spare one off son but it was black terrible strain on me eyes much prefer a light one..happy shopping..I got mine from Amazon great prices & free P&P

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Pinky this is gorgeous .. the flower is beautiful
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Pinky, your colouring looks fabulous, I am going to check out the link to the tutorial blog. Hope you having a nice day. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi pinky,
    Gorgeous, gorgeous flower on this wonderful card. I love it.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the little birthday border along the top.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, Pinky! Fabulous flower and lovely spring colours. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so beautiful Pinky. I love it!
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pinky
    wow a beautiful card, awesome colouring, luv the ribbon detail, the wind blowin hooley here to hun,sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is stunning. The image is fabulous and you`ve coloured it beautifully.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty Pinky. I striggle with leaving white in my images for the light but you have done it beuatifully here. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card...love the stamp!! Your coloring looks great. I struggle with "light" when coloring my cards..but yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh I can see why you'd like to receive this card as its beautiful!

    I love the bloom and the way youve left the light parts on it, it makes sense when you say it but it had never crossed my mind before - doh!

    Gorgeous!

    Thanks for playing along with us again this week over at Delicious Doodles.

    You'll like the new challenge from tomorrow ;)
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and thank you for the shout back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Pinky, thanks so much for joining us again, we really appreciate your participation!
    See you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really beautiful card Pinky
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh this is a beauty hun,that flower is just amazing,you say you struggle with the white,but to me it just looks,perfect,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. Love the pink border and your flower sitting in the corner. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Make It Colourful. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this is awesome Pinky, lovely flower and such an elegant clean style xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so pretty, love the flower and the coloring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, Pinky, I love this card! I think it's just absolutely gorgeous and I really like how you left some white for your highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Pinky this is GORGEOUS! I love your coloring!!! The white does make great highlights and the whole layout of the card with it's clean lines is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness, Pinky, this card is absolutely gorgeous!! The coloring is so detailed and beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card; that flower is gorge-licious! :D

    Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  30. thanks there Pinky love this it is really beautifully done. it was a fun challenge..
    TFS
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so Pretty, wonderful colouring of the flower xx

    ReplyDelete