Monday 27 July 2009

Card Patterns #25

Made this for a 7 year old Australian boy who is mad about cricket. I followed the great sketch over at Cardpatterns which I thought I would struggle with but it worked really well for me. I used papers from DCWV and some images from a Vintage Sports Kit from qvc. The image is from Jolly Nation and instead of flowers I put cricket balls down the side with a plaited embroidery threads. The image I coloured with pms to the colours of the Aussie cricket team. Letters are from Crafty Bits. I sat the image on a cut out shaped like a wicket and embossed it and chalked it. Made a little scoreboard to put his age on.
pinky

11 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

great card pinky, my bob would love this, he's cricket mad and watching at the mo. janex

Wendy said...

Perfect card Pinky
Wendy x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card! Perfect man/boys card!
Erin x

whoistracy said...

Pinky this is just adorable! Love how you incorporated a photo here, that's so hard to do! I'm sure he will love it. So glad you could play along with us on CP.

brenda said...

What did I say about male cards Pinky, another one to prove my point. I need to take some inspiration here.

B x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Pinky,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Linnie said...

pinky this is very clever fab card
linniex

coldwaters2 said...

Fab card Pinky and so well themed for an Australian cricket lover.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Dawn said...

Hiyaaa!!
Great idea for the cricket card - it's wonderful Pinky..


Dawn
x

michele said...

fab card pinky love the score board idea really clever! hugs mx

Elise said...

THAT'S a fun card! WOW! Great job with this cool sketch! I love the depth and razzle-dazzle you have going on here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...