Sunday 13 February 2011

FOUR!

I WON FIRST PRIZE AT MAKE IT COLOURFUL WITH THIS CARD!
I made this card for my brother in law who thinks he is an ace golfer lol...don't they all! I got these gorgeous background sheets from the lovely Nicky at STAMPINGALLDAY and just thought it would suit a golf card background perfectly. If you haven't been over to STAMPINGALLDAY please drop over. Nicky does the best sentiment stamps around. I have 2 cds filled with them now! But she also does gorgeous background papers and has lots of freebies on there too, so well worth a visit!
I made the golfer transparent so I could position him on the background sheet. I printed him off twice so I could colour the top image and cut out and 3d to give a bit of depth. Please bear in mind my printer is low on ink, has been refilled but not happy about it. So next time I use these backgrounds they will be much brighter in colour. I added a golf quote to the papers before printing out.
Image - freebie colouring page image
Papers - from my stash and STAMPINGALLDAY
Embellishments - peel offs
Medium - coloured with promarkers
I would like to enter this into
Ohlala - for someone special
TotallyPaperCrafts - clean and simple
Our Creative Corner - cutting technique
Make it Colourful - add some depth (tried my best:))

30 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just fabulous Pinky,I love the image.Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La.xxx

Unknown said...

Fantastic card do love the background I do hope he finds the text amusing I did hehe,
Chris x

cheryl said...

oh pinky hun,you always make the most briliant cards,and always come up with things that are so unique just love this hugs cheryl xxxxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Pinky,
Yhis is a fabulous card. I really like the fun in it. Great card for a bloke.
Hugs,
Fiona x

stampingallday said...

That's great Trish - never expected to see that paper used as a golf course - brilliant!
Nicky x

Highland Handmade said...

Fab card, I love the sentiment you have used! x

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card, the stamp is so fun, love it and I'm sure he will too he he xx

Lisa Jane said...

I love your personalised cards Pinky.. and this one is fun .. he will love it!
Lisa ;)

mckinkle said...

GREAT card Pinky! I laughed at the comment on it! Yeah, there must be something in the fresh air that makes them all think they are near on professional golfers!!

Mind you, I cant hit the ball at all so Im no one to laugh!

Keryn x

cowboydutrem said...

A fun card!

Amanda R said...

Oh I laughed out loud when I read that sentiment! Great job!

Ali said...

Brilliant!!! That would be ideal for my brother - I dont suppose you have a link for the image do you??

Beryl said...

Great fun card for a golfer. He'll love it.
Beryl xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
fabulous card,luv the image, fab papers & design, sue,x

Pami said...

This is such fun Pinky! Perfect for a golfer!! Pami x

Ali said...

Thank you soooo much - hope I can make it look as good as yours :-) x

Sally H said...

Oh Pinky, that is fabulous! I love the sentiment - perfect for that great image! Love it!

Mandi said...

ha ha what a fun card!
Thanks for joining in at TPC this week
Hope to see you again next week
mandi x

scrappyjacky said...

This really made me smile, Pinky....hope it makes him smile as well!!!

Sue U said...

LOL, great sentiment!! Fab card for a golfer, hope your BIL likes it :-) Sue xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Fabulous card, Pinky. That sentiment is hysterical - you had me laughing at that one! The papers and image work so perfect together. Hope the BIL gets a kick out of it! Terrific job on the Cut it Out challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Mina said...

lol brilliant Pinky, love the sentiment...your BIL will love it
Mina xxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous mans card Pinky, love it.
luv
Debby

Wendi said...

Fabulous card love that backing paper great image too
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Whimsey said...

HA - what a great card! Love the background paper - argyle is SO appropriate. Great image and fabulous coloring!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Vey cute. I had no idea you printed the background! Thanks for playing the OCC!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Such a fun card for your brother in law! I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it. Your image is so cleanly cut, and I like how it pops off the card. Thanks for joining us at OCC!

Juls said...

this is just fabulous!!!! Hugs Juls

michele said...

lol! "thinks" he's an ace golfer! Fab card Pinky hugs xx

Wendy J. said...

Pinky, this is too funny! My husband would so love the golf theme! I love your color choice and the way you've off-set the image panel. Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...