Thursday 1 July 2010

Lazy hazy days of summer!


Well summer may be here in name but not in N Ireland! Its wet wet wet and windy and that's not my IBS I'm talking about lol. But to keep the summer spirit alive I have made this little step card for the new challenge over at SIR STAMPALOT! We had such a lot of top class entries last month and we all so enjoyed checking them out but it was a total nightmare picking the winner and top three!!! This month, I am sure will be no different and be sure to check out the brilliant prize on offer!
For my card I used papers from DCWV, the images are from Magnolia, the shells were a free stamp from a magazine, stamped with distress inks. Everything else is stickers. The images are coloured with copics. This just reminds of when I was little and we went to a place called Bray in Ireland for our holidays every year. The beach was beautiful and we would spend hours on it as a family with picnic in tow lol.
So lets see what summer means to you all and remember you could win a brilliant generous prize from Sir Stampalot!
I want to thank everyone for their lovely comments on my toot yesterday, they mean more to me that being on the inspiration blog! You girls are the best. Big hugs!
A big happy WELCOME to my two newest followers DANNI and MIRIA. You've made my day!

19 comments:

Miria said...

Hi, Pinky. You've made mine with your lovely comments! I'm just a beginner in bloglandia so I need to be encouraged as you did: thank you! Your new is more than Inspirational! Talking about the weather, here in Italy summer has come : a fine day , but very hot. Hugs. Miria

Joey said...

Hiya Pinky

WHOO HOO Many Congrats on being featured on Inspirational Hun its such an amazing honour! x

Love this card there are so many possiblities with the side steps, gorgeous images

Have a lovely day.

Joey.x

scrappyjacky said...

So perfect for summer [even if it hasn't arrived with you yet!!]...and just makes me think of childhood days on the beach.

Unknown said...

Havent tried one of these cards yet but they do look good for making scenes, this is just gorgeous.
Christine x

Sue said...

Hi Hun
wow what a totally gorgeous card, beautiful scene you have created hun, luv it, congrats on being featured hun well deserved to. will blow you some sunshine over, sue,x

Riet said...

So beautiful Pinky,i love the images and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Congratulations Pinky on the feature, just popped over to have a look and leave a comment. You must be so pleased to be fetaurred, what an honour.

This card has so much going on, fantastic.

I'll send you some sunshine if you send me some rain, but overnight please, not during the day, as my garden needs it.

Lisa Jane said...

what a fabulous side step card Pinky - its really got me in the holiday mood
love the dP's and the shells
Lisa ;)

Hannapanna said...

Super cute card. Feels very summery. Love the colours. Miss having you in the design team. Take care. Hugs Hanna

Jules said...

Hi Pinky

A catch up at last!!!

It seems to be taking for ever to rescue everything I want to keep off my dying laptop.

Loving your creation - very summery. I have never done a step card - they look great.

Hope you are OK - despite the weather.

Love Jules xx

Miria said...

Thank you for the tip. I've just entered. Miria xxx

brenda said...

Hi Pinky

A wonderful card which typifies Summer.

B x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

a gorgeous fun creation Pinky, makes me smile from ear to ear. How was sex and the city?
janex

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful summery card!!!

nnalorac said...

Such a fab card Pinky, just feels like I'm sitting at the seaside amongest them when I look at this gorgeous card, ( not really seaside weather up here either)love it. nnalorac.x

Tracy said...

Sun Sea and a lot of fun, gorgeous creation Pinky.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome card Pinky I so love this fold and the images of Tilda and your creativity makes this one top notch card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Juls said...

this is just amazingly gorgeous!!! I love it! Hugs Juls

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love this Pinky. It is so cute/colourful and summery. Sorry summer hasn't appeared with you yet!

Cathy
xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...