Saturday 17 February 2018

Sentimental Rose

How's everyone today?
I am here to share a sympathy card I made for  Tutti Designs using this beautiful


Sadly this type of occasion is one that hits us all at sometime.


I only used lilac card with the white to keep it soft and simple.
Cut the Rose frame in white card and emboss. As it is an intricate frame be sure and run it
through your cutting machine a few times, or add an extra shim, for best results.


Then using sticky dots I adhered to a piece of lilac card and trimmed to fit white rose frame.
Keep the white centre from the die cut to stamp your sentiment.


Trim a piece of lilac card and run through with chosen embossing folder.
I went with roses to match the Rose Frame.


I added a piece of vintage lace to tie in with the soft look.


Next I stamped my chosen sentiment in the off cut from the Rose Frame.
Be sure to have the off cut facing right way as it fits in nicely then.


I stuck this in centre of frame. Added 3d foam to back and adhered to my card.
Now it's time to make the flowers.


Using Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circles I cut
4 circles for centre flower and 3 for two smaller flowers.
Hold these in place with a brad. Doesn't matter if not the same as
I will be covering them later.

Spray the flowers with water and scrunch up. Then dry off with heat tool.


Gently re-open the flowers, drying again if necessary.
Add a punched lilac circle and adhere to centre.
Add to your card and finish with a nice bow.




Thanks for dropping by, I hope you like my card!


For my card I used:
Lilac card, rose embossing folder, circle punch, lace, organza ribbon
Satin paper for flowers
Stamp is from Our Daily Bread

I am entering this into:

Have a great weekend and thanks for dropping by.




10 comments:

brenda said...

They are always difficult ones Pinky but this is so pretty and detailed and lovely heartfelt sentiment.

B x

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card Pinky, and a perfect sentiment for the occasion. Your flowers are gorgeous too.
Lorraine x

brenda said...

I was a bit slow last visit Pinky as I didn't notice the Allsorts link so popped back to thank you for joining in, your flowers are perfect for the theme.

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is beautoful, love th flowers and colours

pam said...

Beautiful card for a sad occasion Pinky, lovely shade of lilac with the white.
Hugs Pam x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such difficult cards to make although necessary unfortunately but you have made such a pretty design using these soft colours.
Lorraine

Dora said...

Beautiful design and I love the sentiment. Beautiful

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. Love the sentiment. Great dies and so glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.
Billie A
Inspiration Destination
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

Tracy Freeman said...

Very pretty and elegant design, the flowers are really beautiful.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts Tracy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...